We offer a Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship for support staff, subject to a successful application through our internal application process.
All permanent staff at Addington school receive the following training:
- A thorough Induction Programme (click links to see examples of Teacher and Support staff Programmes)
- Mandatory training including:
o Team Teach Training (12hr)
o Safeguarding and Prevent
o Manual Handling Training
o Medical Training
o Specific Care Plan training for key pupils
o The National College – First Aid Training
o Judicium Training - GDPR
- All staff get access to The National College were they can further develop their knowledge through a huge range of training courses https://thenationalcollege.co.uk/hub/browse
- Autism Education Trust – Making Sense of Autism or Good Autism Practice
We also train a large number of staff in the following areas, dependent on their roles:
- MIDAS minibus training
- First Aid Training (FAAW, EFAAW, Outdoor First Aid, Paediatric First Aid)
- National Rescue Award for Swimming Teachers and Coaches Light (NRASTC Light)
- The Waldon Approach
Other bespoke training we offer to staff when relevant to their roles is:
- Training in Systematic Instruction
- Train the Trainer Training
We also encourage staff to continue to develop throughout their careers and so often support staff to take part in other courses or training that supports their role within school.
Please see David Maycock for further information.